It’s important to take a proactive approach when it comes to regular roof repair and maintenance. Regular roof services may help to extend the life of your roof, save money on roof maintenance while adhering to manufacturer warranty requirements.
Regular roof repairs and maintenance may help common roofing problems:
- Shingles/Roofing Materials – Roof shingles or other roofing materials that have become damaged due to wind lift or another severe weather event may leave your underlayment and roof deck exposed to the elements.
- Pipe flashing – Once pipe flashing becomes corroded, the seal could allow water into the interior of your building.
- Nail/screws backing out – On shingle roofs (and even some meal roofs) it is possible for a nail or screw to back out through the roofing material. Once the hole is exposed, a great deal of water can enter through, causing damage.
- Chimney flashing – Severe weather, high winds or other weather events may cause damage to your chimney flashing. Once compromised, it could be the cause of leaks.
- Skylight flashing – Some skylights are just more prone to condensation, it does not mean a leak is developing. It’s important to make sure that the skylight itself and the flashing surrounding it has not become damaged, cracked or worn.
- Valleys – Rainwater can channel downwards and build up into the valleys of your roof. The build-up of water can cause many problems including: lifting tiles, shingles and causing debris to build up.
- Low-slope roof pitch – Roofs with an inadequate pitch may be more susceptible to wind damage, just as much as flat roofs and they also do not provide good natural run-off.
Do you have a roof leak or notice any damage to these roof components? It’s time to have your roof evaluated to discuss a roof repair and maintenance plan!
A roof repair company with a dedicated Roof Service Department
Perry Roofing Contractors has a dedicated Service Department that maintains and repairs most types of residential and commercial roof systems throughout North Central Florida, including Gainesville and surrounding metro areas. Roof systems we typically service includes: Steep-slope, flat roofs, shingle, PVC, TPO, roof coatings, metal, modified bitumen, and EPDM.
Have roof damage or need emergency roof services – Click here >>