Thank you for your interest in joining the Perry Roofing Team.
Salary: $18 – $24 Hourly | Full-Time
Paid Time Off (PTO)
In-House Gym & Showers
Safety Awards & Recognitions:
– Best Company Driver Performance
– Safety On The Job
– Birthdays & Anniversaries
24/7 Snacks, Fresh Ground Coffee, and Water Fountain Available
Employee In-House Auto and Cleaning Services
REQUIREMENT: MINIMUM 3 YEARS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
At Perry Roofing Contractors we enjoy working together, tackling challenges, and serving our customers and the community throughout North Central Florida with top quality residential and commercial roofing solutions. Originally founded in 1976 by a high school graduate, we have grown from a small operation to being the premier roofing contractor in our region and one of the “Top 100 Roofing Contractors” in the nation. Our company has been built on our team’s ability to grow and continue to provide innovative solutions in our industry. We like coming to work every day, and we are looking for a new member to contribute their expertise, grow their skill set, and realize their potential working together as part of the Perry team.
FLEET DEPARTMENT VISION STATEMENT:
Our Fleet Department exists to provide the vehicular and equipment support necessary in accordance with government compliances to enhance the ability of our workforce to perform their duties with increased safety, capability, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Perform maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs on cars, trucks, and off-road equipment in a safe, efficient, quality minded and customer focused manner. Perform maintenance and repair on aerial lift equipment to manufacturer’s guidelines to maintain the safety and reliability of the unit.
A. Perform repair work on vehicles such as breakdowns, malfunctions and emergency roadside repair in a safe, efficient, and quality manner. (Degree of importance: High- 40% of job)
- 1. Perform operation test prior to repairs to verify complaint
- 2. Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturers specifications including engines, transmissions and clutches, suspension and steering, fuel and ignition (gas and diesel), electrical systems, brakes, and HVAC systems
- 3. Follow paper-flow procedures including documenting correct mileage/hours, save and tag all warranty and core parts, document all repairs on work order using complaint, cause, and correction format, follow parts ordering/billing procedures.
- 4. Perform final operational test on all vehicles to quality-check all repairs
- 5. Ensure that customers vehicles are kept clean and washed after repair is completed
B. Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, productivity, and life of the unit. (Degree of importance: Average- 25% of job)
- 1. Perform DOT inspections
- 2. Perform preventive maintenance on trucks such as fluid changes, lubrications, safety inspections, and brake repairs.
- 3. Perform preventive maintenance on off-road equipment such as lubrications, adjustments, cutting tip replacements, and safety inspections.
- 4. Examine vehicle to determine if any additional safety or repair work is needed.
C. Inspect, maintain and repair aerial lift equipment to maintain the safety and reliability of the unit. (Degree of importance: Average- 25% of job)
- 1. Visually inspect structural integrity of aerial lift equipment and report any deficiencies so that they may be corrected.
- 2. Perform preventive maintenance and repairs to aerial devices in accordance with manufacturer’s and ANSI guidelines and in a timely manner to maximize the life and productivity of the equipment.
D. Perform maintenance and repair welding on equipment. Fabricate parts as required including any design work needed (Degree of importance: Low- 10% of job)
- 1. Inspect for cracks or damage to assess needed repair
- 2. Fabricate parts as needed to complete repair including any design work
- 3. Perform welding repair to manufacturer’s guidelines
E. All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- OEM Training
- ASE Certification
- Knowledge of engines and controls
- Knowledge of transmissions and controls
- Knowledge of brakes and suspensions
- Knowledge of hydraulics and ANSI A92.2 guidelines
- Knowledge of the various vehicles and equipment such as bucket trucks and digger/derricks
- Skilled in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on trucks and equipment
- Skilled in welding and cutting
- Skilled in DOT inspections
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment such as backhoes and trenchers
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, reach
- Ability to push/pull
- Ability to lift /carry up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to grasp tools
- Ability to discern color
- Repetitive motion: wrenches
WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequently works outdoors. Exposed to noise and heights of up to 120 feet.